Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Listening Centre

Thank you to the
Listening Centre,
helpin' me out for at least 25 years!


Wow, a quarter of a century of support, instruction, patience -

The Listening Centre will "help people of all ages develop and improve learning, language and communication skills through a listening training program of sound stimulation, voice training and counselling"

Presumably I was born dyslexic, but spent the 195
0's, 60's and 70's largely left to fend for myself on the short bus (we are still a culture not particularly kind to our differently advantaged) not knowing why I processed things a little differently from the masses.

The Listening Centre gave a name to my dis-order, and a plan for the taming of it.

And it was during my taming/re-training that my creativity was freed. Of course, for me being creative is 50% a sense of well-being (and being grounded).

To accommodate folks like myself who are not living near to a facility, the Listening Centre offers a kind of distance learning program, enabling me to bring a portable device home to continue my therapy between visits (fantastic!). Though I don't get that big hug feeling that I get from walking through the doors of the Centre, I have my own little Listening Centre, in my studio at home.

So, big barks and a woof to Paul, Morana, Darlah, Edna and the gang for their kindness and patience, expertise and extraordinary skills.

Yeah Listening Centre!

No comments: