Saturday, August 25, 2007


My palette changed somewhat when we moved to St. Thomas, away from the always-green grass of corporate lawns in Toronto. Looking out my studio window, I see our parched lawn that this summer has given us, the occasional dead leaf blowing by. I welcome this variety of un-seasonal colours; mustards and chocolates mixed with spring green and pinks, brilliant blue noon skies and moody evening sunsets.



Maybe I'll head into scarlet, orange, rust etc., and paint the gloaming in see from our deck.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start framing your sketches dahlink. They should SELL SELL SELL.

Anonymous said...

I agree with sell sell sell.

Anonymous said...

The Gloaming is quite nice.

Anonymous said...

Dear R: Wishing you a very Happy New Year filled with Blessings and lots of paintings sold.

Anonymous said...

The Gloaming is a very lovely time in the evening. How will you paint it? Its before the dark and there can be a closeness a glowing of very suttle colours. perhaps pinks blues and mauve. A lovely time.